[mythtv-users] Can't use bilingual mute mode on PVR-350 tv-out

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 8 17:22:04 UTC 2006

On 04/08/2006 05:05 AM, fukami wrote:
> I'm using PVR-350 tv-out in Japan.
> When I played the bilingual broadcast, MythTV played on stereo
> mode(bilingual).
> In order to listen to only one language, I changed only left channel
> mode(Shift + |).
> But MythTV played on stereo mode. Normal Mute is no problem(no sounds).
>
> Apparently, MythTV didn't use mixer control when MythTV changes only
> left or right mute mode.
> Changing normal mute mode, MythTV uses mixer control.
>
> Would you please fix MythTV to use mixer control on only L/R mute
> mode, when PVR-350 tv-out enable.

Do you have the setting:

Independent Muting of Left and Right Audio Channels
Enable muting of just the left or right channel. Useful if your
broadcaster puts the original language on one channel, and a dubbed
version of the program on the other one. This modifies the behavior of
the Mute key.

enabled? It's in mythfrontend's settings on the Audio Settings page.
With that, you use the mute button to control which channel(s) is
playing (and which, if any, is muted).

Mike