[mythtv-users] Can't use bilingual mute mode on PVR-350 tv-out

fukami fukami at ham.email.ne.jp
Sat Apr 8 18:01:54 UTC 2006

 >> I'm using PVR-350 tv-out in Japan.
 >> When I played the bilingual broadcast, MythTV played on stereo
 >> mode(bilingual).
 >> In order to listen to only one language, I changed only left channel
 >> mode(Shift + |).
 >> But MythTV played on stereo mode. Normal Mute is no problem(no sounds).
 >>
 >> Apparently, MythTV didn't use mixer control when MythTV changes only
 >> left or right mute mode.
 >> Changing normal mute mode, MythTV uses mixer control.
 >>
 >> Would you please fix MythTV to use mixer control on only L/R mute
 >> mode, when PVR-350 tv-out enable.
 >
 > Do you have the setting:
 >
 > Independent Muting of Left and Right Audio Channels
 > Enable muting of just the left or right channel. Useful if your
 > broadcaster puts the original language on one channel, and a dubbed
 > version of the program on the other one. This modifies the behavior of
 > the Mute key.
 >
 > enabled? It's in mythfrontend's settings on the Audio Settings page.
 > With that, you use the mute button to control which channel(s) is
 > playing (and which, if any, is muted).

I have already done that settings. I'm sorry to write that.
And it's no problem when I don't use PVR-350 tv-out.

But Using PVR-350 tv-out, MythTV seems not to be able to control just L/R mute mode.
It's more than probable that MythTV doesn't use /dev/mixer to ontrol just L/R mute mode.
When it's muting both left and right, it use /dev/mixer.

Since PVR-350 sound-out is connected to sound card's line-in,
MythTV can't control just L/R mute without /dev/mixer.

Thanks

-tomoya fukami