[mythtv-users] How To make a mpg into something the family DVD player can read

B Walker braindead at diablops.com
Sat Apr 8 15:56:23 UTC 2006

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:21:33 -0600
"Robert Johnston" <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/06, Brian Sutcliff <brian.sutcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a document out there somewhere that will show me how to
> > convert the mpg file created by mythtv into something I can burn to
> > a disk and watch on my $50 DVD player?
> >
> > I have a cheap DVD player in my van. I want to record a bunch of
> > movies before I go on a long vaction drive so that the "others"
> > will not drive me crazy.
>
> Personally, I use a copy of TMPEG DVD Author 1.6, which takes in the
> .mpg files recorded by my PVR250's in Myth and makes a DVD from them
> (Menus and everything).
>
> This is, however, a Windows-only solution. But TMPEG DVD Author 1.6
> has a 30-day trial version available. That, combined with a MythPretty
> Cron Job gives me a very easy way to grab my recordings over SMB and
> throw them onto a DVD.

Another windows solution.. a lot of folks get Nero with DVD drives, I've found Nero Vision Express (their DVD creation software) to do a fairly decent job of building DVD's where you don't need any fancy features.  Been using it to archive a few series with good results..albeit a bit slow.
--
Aliquid melius quam pessimum optimum non est.

--
Diablo Professional Services, LLC
http://www.diablops.com