[mythtv-users] How To make a mpg into something the family DVD player can read

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 15:21:33 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, Brian Sutcliff <brian.sutcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a document out there somewhere that will show me how to convert the
> mpg file created by mythtv into something I can burn to a disk and watch on
> my $50 DVD player?
>
> I have a cheap DVD player in my van. I want to record a bunch of movies
> before I go on a long vaction drive so that the "others" will not drive me
> crazy.

Personally, I use a copy of TMPEG DVD Author 1.6, which takes in the
.mpg files recorded by my PVR250's in Myth and makes a DVD from them
(Menus and everything).

This is, however, a Windows-only solution. But TMPEG DVD Author 1.6
has a 30-day trial version available. That, combined with a MythPretty
Cron Job gives me a very easy way to grab my recordings over SMB and
throw them onto a DVD.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston