[mythtv-users] I've finished my serial port IR receiver!

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 03:50:35 UTC 2006

> Anyway, to my point:
> I can't remember where I bought it (pity, I really like it).  Any
> chance you are looking at mass producing like 5 of these for a small
> price.  I paid somewhere in the $15 USD ballpark which included
> shipping for the one I have.
> Just a thought, when I build more boxes, I always end up dragging the
> one I have to the one I'm currently using, quite a pain when more than
> 1 TV is wanting to be watched.
>
> Chad

Nope, I'm afraid not. I only had one sensor of that footprint, and
only one snap on IR filter window like that. This is a one-of if there
ever was one. :)

At least the circuit is really simple and available on the lirc.org
website. It's hard to beat something that's so useful and only has
five parts.

- Sasha