[mythtv-users] What should I look for in a soundcard?

Yalusa Jongihlati yjongihlati at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 16:38:09 UTC 2006

I currently have a Sound Blaster Live! 7.1 24-bit that does not have capture
of sound supported. This obviously means I have to get another soundcard.
Now this card will be installed in a box that will be exclusively dedicated
to running as a backend and frontend. The card I will most likely be using
will be a Hauppauge PVR-150/350/500 depending on how I eventually to
configure the setup.

So I need a soundcard that will be configurable with (choices in order of
preference):
Program: MythTV
OS: Suse / Mandriva / FC4 / uBuntu / KnoppMyth
TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 500/350/150

Thanks
Yalusa