[mythtv-users] Xwindows configuration for LCD TV?

Kurt Yoder ktymyth at yoderhome.com
Fri Apr 7 03:17:58 UTC 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 9:56 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:

>> Hi list
>> Has anyone gotten Xwindows working with an LCD TV? I used an online
>> tool to generate modelines, but it looks like it's still only
>> displaying 800x600. Hints anyone?
> "LCD TV" is a bit generic. What resolution are you trying to achieve?

I've got a Samsung LN-R268W (26").

Full specs are here

I used this tool

to attempt to set up a mode-line. This was the modeline I got as a

Modeline "1360x768 at 60" 84.50 1360 1392 1712 1744 768 783 791 807

I had to disable EDID for it to come up at all. I got weird picture
artifacts, kind of like blurred/doubled bits in various places.
Actually, now that I think about it some more, it must have been
getting something from EDID when I had it enabled, because I was
getting a picture though it was too tall for the TV.

So I looked around some more and found this:

This had a modeline that seems to work relatively well:

ModeLine "720p" 73.825 1280 1320 1368 1640 720 722 724 751 +hsync +vsync

However, the picture is still too wide and too tall. How do I shrink

Kurt Yoder