[mythtv-users] status indicator for gnome panel?

Steven C. Liu sliu at steven-c-liu.com
Fri Apr 7 02:35:22 UTC 2006

Paul Andreassen wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 02:07 pm, Steven C. Liu wrote:
>

>>I am wondering if there is a status indicator that I can add to my gnome
>>panel so I will know if a recording is in progress (and which show), or
>>to tell when (and which show) is the next recording?
>>
>>I also run a PVR on my WinXP box using Snapstream Beyond TV, and I have
>>an icon on my task/toolbar that tells me what's going and what will happen.
>>

>I can tell when MythTV is recording by the flashing led for the hard drive.

:-D

>There is:
>mythbackend --printsched
>and
>http://localhost:6544/
>which show whats going on but no applet.
>
>Paul

Thanks, Paul, but I am hoping this audience can help a bit more.  I want
to write a MySQL script that returns the next / current show scheduled
with the following parameters: Title, Subtitle, Chan, Day, Start, End, N
(=1).

This should allow me to write a little applet -- must also learn how to
write applets! -- that will give me my status indicator.

TIA,

Steve