[mythtv-users] status indicator for gnome panel?

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Fri Apr 7 02:40:56 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 22:35, Steven C. Liu wrote:
> Thanks, Paul, but I am hoping this audience can help a bit more.  I want
> to write a MySQL script that returns the next / current show scheduled
> with the following parameters: Title, Subtitle, Chan, Day, Start, End, N
> (=1).
>
> This should allow me to write a little applet -- must also learn how to
> write applets! -- that will give me my status indicator.

You can't really do that with a SQL script - the scheduler query is, uh,
complicated, and depends on more information than the database itself has.
=)  So, the information is only available in the master backend.

Parsing http://masterbackendip:6544/xml should be fairly easy, though, and has
the information you want.

Isaac