[mythtv-users] Audio problems PVR500

d w dasaet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 23:38:58 UTC 2006

I've got a problem where the audio levels in both live TV and recorded
programs sound like they're turned up too high (clipping).  When I capture
video outside of Myth, there are no problems.  I've tried changing the audio
levels via ivtvctl, but the clipping remains.  Others who are more
knowledgeable in this area suggest that the default gain is set too high on
my PVR500.  But since the audio sounds fine when I capture video outside of
myth, I question this line of thought.  Is there anyone out there that has
experienced similar problems?  I'd be happy to supply any additional
information that's required, but please be specific because I'm new to myth
and might not know how or where to obtain the requested information.

Thank you