[mythtv-users] Configuring xine

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 23:27:32 UTC 2006

On 4/6/06, ben at ultraswank.com <ben at ultraswank.com> wrote:

> my remote
> emulates keyboard presses, so I'm effectively using the arrow keys to
> navigate menues.  Works fine in in Myth, but xine uses the mouse for dvd
> navigation.  Anyone know of a way to get it to navigate using the keyboard
> instead?

I believe that xine also uses the keypad keys to navigate menus.  So instead
of using up arrow for up, use keypad 8 (I think it's KP_8 in your .lircrc
file), KP_2 for down, KP_4 for left and KP_6 for right.

I'm pretty sure I had mine set up this way at some point, but now I've got
xine set up to use it's native lirc support so I don't have to mess with
emulated keypresses anymore.

HTH,
Brad Benson