[mythtv-users] How can I connect my box to 5 TVs?

Graham Wood mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Thu Apr 6 15:08:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:57:37AM -0400, Preston Crow wrote:
> Of course, if you want to run mythfrontend separately on each screen,
> each with its own remote input, you're probably best off getting
> separate PCs for each screen.  While you could run it all on one system,
> I think you would have problems with saving the preferences for more
> than one front end on the same system
If you run them as different users, then there's a setting in the menus
to "identify this front end", which I would think has to be stored in a
local file (otherwise it's not going to do any good).

Also if you get a motherboard with dual x16 PCIe slots, you can get a
pair of dual display graphics cards...

That'll at least get you enough bandwidth at /that/ end for 4x
simultaneous playback - but I think the cost of the system to be able to
use that (even with XvMC you're going to need one hell of a system to
pump that much data around) is going to be significantly higher than the
cost of just buying 4 smaller ones.

Graham