[mythtv-users] bookmarks not working

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 6 07:35:55 UTC 2006

<snip />

> I found that my problem turned out to be a schema issue as well. In my
> case,
> I had tried a new (built from SVN) frontend on a client machine, and the
> client upgraded the schema on the backend. Because I didn't expect the
> frontend to upgrade the schema (it seems to me this is something that
> should
> happen when the backend is upgraded) I didn't have a backup. So I ended up
> upgrading all my machines so they'd use the latest schema. Not the worst
> fix, but I would have prefered not having the problem in the first place.
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

I believe it's pretty well advertised that you should *ALWAYS* use the same
versions for Frontend and Backend, so it isn't a problem, just a design
feature. After you upgrade, if you accidentally start the Frontend before
you start the Backend, it takes it for the team and does all the upgrades
there and then. It does this because it *requires* the updated schema to
function properly.

At least, that's my view of it anyhow..

Steve (Late for work..) Daniels!