[mythtv-users] bookmarks not working

Paul Archer tigger at io.com
Thu Apr 6 01:24:52 UTC 2006

Monday, Cymen Vig wrote:

> On 4/3/06, John Biundo <johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Cymen Vig wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm having the same problem -- I can save a bookmark too and it still
>>> doesn't return to it on playback. Very strange -- I just upgraded from
>>> an older SVN to the 19.1 fixes SVN.
>>>

>> I just solved a problem with bookmarks, but it sounds like it might be a
>> little different.  I was able to set/use bookmarks on the "primary"
>> machine (which is both front and back end), but on a secondary front-end
>> only box, both bookmarks and commercial flags weren't being used.
>> (Bookmarks appeared to be set, but upon playing back the recording, it
>> never started from the bookmark position).
>>
>> The clue came from running mythfrontend with the -v database flag.  I
>> found that the front-end had a different timezone than the backend
>> (stemming from being a dual-boot machine), so the queries were generated
>> with where clauses looking for the wrong starttime.
>>
>> Resetting the timezone cured the problem for me.
>
> That is an interesting issue! Mine turned out to be the wrong database
> schema. I reloaded my pre-upgrade dump and it is working properly now.

I found that my problem turned out to be a schema issue as well. In my case,
I had tried a new (built from SVN) frontend on a client machine, and the
client upgraded the schema on the backend. Because I didn't expect the
frontend to upgrade the schema (it seems to me this is something that should
happen when the backend is upgraded) I didn't have a backup. So I ended up
upgrading all my machines so they'd use the latest schema. Not the worst
fix, but I would have prefered not having the problem in the first place.

Paul