[mythtv-users] new recordings missing basename field in recorded table

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 6 03:35:39 UTC 2006

On 04/05/2006 10:55 PM, Leo Kliger wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 21:08 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>On 04/05/2006 08:19 PM, Leo Kliger wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know how I can fix this?
>>>
>>How long ago did you upgrade and downgrade?  Just restore the backup (I
>>know you made a backup, right?) and import the new shows with
>>myth.rebuilddatabase.pl...
>>
>Yes I do backup the database - but I only keep the dailies for seven
>days:(
>I didn't make a specific longterm backup prior to adding the frontend:(
>
>What to do? (Rhetorical question as I now see the rock and the hard
>place!)

I would say the best approach is to upgrade to 0.19 (preferrably -fixes).

The only thing I can suggest if you really want 0.18 is to make a
backup, drop the database, start a new database from scratch, and
manually work through the important tables in the backup adjusting the
SQL statements as necessary to fit the old schema (a good text editor
should be able to fix multiple lines with one command--it's probably
easiest to copy the backup for each important table and delete the rest
so you have a backup script per table to adjust).  See
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 for the important
tables.  (That won't bring over settings.  If you import settings,
you'll get some settings that aren't used and that may affect your
ability to upgrade later.  So, it may be easier to go through and
reconfigure the settings through mythtv-setup and mythfrontend's Settings)

Note that my inability to think of a better way doesn't mean there isn't
one.

Mike