[mythtv-users] DVB -> No PS Mode anymore :(

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 5 22:54:03 UTC 2006

On 04/03/2006 06:38 PM, A JM wrote:

> A couple of questions.
>
> 1) How do I implement the transcoding? is it by job or does it apply
> to all recordings?

AIUI, you can set auto-transcode on recording rules (but you need to
configure your backend to allow the transcoding to occur).  You can
manually transcode any recording at any time.

> 2) How do I know when it's finished or processing?

Status page ( http://mythbox:6544/ ) or from clicking on Status on the
MythWeb welcome page or Backend Status on the MythWeb navigation bar.
Also, check the logs (which you can do from mythfrontend and MythWeb if
you enable logging to the DB).

You can also probably detect it with the file command.  It should give
you different output for a PS and TS stream.

> 3) How will I know if it was successful besides trying to create a DVD?

logs

Mike