[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

Lucien D. ldunning at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:54:03 UTC 2006

Ok, I think I'm getting somewhere.  irrecord now seems to work
properly, it connects to the device and sees keypresses.  I'm not sure
what was wrong before, though I have a feeling the problem was between
the chair and keyboard.  Now irw still doesn't work, but mode2 appears
to be working.

So it seems I'm about where I started.  All the output in
/var/log/messages seems normal.  I've recopied over the lircd.conf
file that I know was working before.  I've tried running irw as normal
user and root to no avail.  I have also recompiled lirc with no
change.

It appears to be lircd thats not working properly.  I've double
checked my LIRCD_OPTS, it is pointing to the correct device.  Not sure
what else to try, the hardware all seems to be working properly, but
the software is just not cooperating yet.

Lucien