[mythtv-users] Mythmusic: strange id3 genre tags -OR- SQL search and replace

Shawn Kwang skwang at hep.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 4 16:25:47 UTC 2006

After a long wihle I finally managed to organize most of my music
collection's id3 tags the way I like.  I initially order music my genre.
After getting mythmusic to scan my music directory I go to select music
and what I see under "All my music" is a list of genres.

    What is strange is that I get things like "17Rock" "0Blues"
"32Classical" in addition to "Rock" "Blues" and "Classical."

    I use easytag 1.1 to orgainize my music.  In addition I have used
KDE's file manager to look at the id3 tags.  There is no "17Rock" or
anything like that when I go to edit the id3 information.  The only place
that it shows up is in MythMusic.  I want to clarify that I don't have two
copies of my music tree.  My music seems to randomly be assigned to either
the normal genre or to this strange numerical genre.  So two tracks under
one artist may have one listed under Rock, the other listed under 17Rock.

    I would like to know if anyone else has seen this strange behavior and
what I can do about it.

Which leads me to...

    MySQL Search and Replace. I figure one solution is to search and
replace all instances of "17Rock" with "Rock" in the musicmetadata table,
genre column in MYSQL.  However, I don't know any SQL commands and am
asking if someone could lend me a hand or point me to some documentation.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn Kwang
--
						skwang_at-fnal.gov