[mythtv-users] 0.19 - Possible to have native lirc behavior more like mplayer?

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 06:00:09 UTC 2006

Right now I have mythtv compiled in native lirc mode, reading a lircrc
file, and doing my general bidding.

However, lots of buttons are mapped twice or not at all, and I'm not
making most efficient use of my remote. Part of my problem is that
myth recognizes things as keyboard keystrokes rather than individual
events. It would be really nice to be able to bind an action to an
arbitrary name, and allow that arbitrary name to overlap functions as
desired.

I tried doing this in mythweb's key bindings editor, but there was no effect.

-- Sasha