[mythtv-users] 0.19 - Possible to have native lirc behavior more like mplayer?

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 14:56:19 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, Sasha Z <kleptophobiac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now I have mythtv compiled in native lirc mode, reading a lircrc
> file, and doing my general bidding.
>
> However, lots of buttons are mapped twice or not at all, and I'm not
> making most efficient use of my remote. Part of my problem is that
> myth recognizes things as keyboard keystrokes rather than individual
> events. It would be really nice to be able to bind an action to an
> arbitrary name, and allow that arbitrary name to overlap functions as
> desired.
>
> I tried doing this in mythweb's key bindings editor, but there was no effect.
>
> -- Sasha

OK, let me try and make this a little clearer. I want to have entries like this:

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = volup
  config = volup
  repeat = 2
  delay = 2
end

Instead of like this:

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = volup
  config = F11
  repeat = 2
  delay = 2
end

Then I would go through in mythweb and set all the things that I want
bound to volup to have a key binding of "volup". I would also like to
be able to define jump points.

However, when I assign values to "key binding" in mythweb for my host,
put them in as the "config = <blah>" in lircrc, and restart
mythfrontend, it doesn't take effect. My jump points don't register,
my new names don't register.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?