[mythtv-users] DVB -> No PS Mode anymore :(

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 3 21:37:30 UTC 2006

On 04/03/2006 02:34 PM, A JM wrote:

> Let me see if I understand what your saying, if you record with a DVB
> card the recording is in TS format and if you simply transcode it

--with Myth's new lossless MPEG-2 transcoder--

> which Myth does you'll end up with a PS file is that an accurate
> statement?

After above clarification, yes.

> That would be really help since I've not been able to backup a
> recording from a DVB-S to a DVD using Mythburn... I'm guessing that if
> it's been transcoded I should be able to use a multitude of burning
> options is that also a correct statement?

You may have more options, but you risk losing A/V sync every time you
demux audio and video, so be careful (and keep backups until you know it
worked).  I should also admit that I don't archive to DVD--I'm a watch
and delete guy.  I made a some DVD's, but decided the only shows worth
keeping on DVD are the ones worth buying on DVD (i.e. Stargate SG-1 ;).
When I buy the shows, I get additional features that I want, anyway,
and--most importantly--it saves me time.

Mike