[mythtv-users] Questions about Storage

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 18:36:04 UTC 2006

SoftRAID works fine and will beat performance of most hardware RAID
controllers (at work we have a RAID box which can do about 85MB/s with
software RAID, the vendor tried same box with Maxtor, Escalade, and Adaptec
hardware RAID when we were discussing options, never got about 40MB/s).

I had a box with 5 300GB IDE disks in a RAID (I had to cut 250G partitions
for data, so the RAID was 1TB). Now this box is getting split into front end
and back end, back end has same 5 disks and one more, so 1.5TB RAID5 total.
PC weighs about 35lbs :)

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com