[mythtv-users] XvMC with i810 on slackware 10.2

leland sindt leland at sway.org
Mon Apr 3 17:28:59 UTC 2006

> xxmc?  On an i810?  Am I missing something here?  Last I checked xxmc
> is for VIA Unichrome boards.  Has the i810 XvMC code been put together
> to match the libXvMCW API?  I think I had better catch up a little now
> that I am back, the weekend is over, Peter and Gordon have reunited
> (you need to be 40+ to even have a chance of knowing who they are, but
> Peter Asher was Mike Meyers' inspiration for Austin Powers so it was
> great to get to meet him), my webcast is complete and now it just
> plain old exhaustion, adrenaline and caffeine.
>
> Where should I start looking at this stuff?  The laptop has FC4 on it
> right now, so that's my starting point.

Warren,

Sounds like you had an eventful weekend... I will  have to look up Pete
Asher he sounds interesting...  you have a pod version of your web cast?

Here is my original post:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/193750?search_string=XVMC%20i810%20slackware;#193750

above you say xxmc (twice) I assume that was a typo... xvmc?

As my orig post says, I was able to Compile myth but there seems to be a
question as to if it will work properly because i810 XvMC only supports
7 surfaces and myth cannot handle less than 8.... (if I understand the
posts correctly)

If you need something tested/verified please let me know... I would be
glad to help...

Thanks.