[mythtv-users] XvMC with i810 on slackware 10.2

Warren warren-lists at icruise.com
Mon Apr 3 16:37:16 UTC 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> On Thursday 30 March 2006 2:01 pm, Warren wrote:
>
>> Jesse Guardiani wrote:
>>
>>> Warren wrote:
>>>

> [...]
>

>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Greyscale_OSD_(NVidia_4_&_5)
>>>

>> Running as a myth frontend I can play SDTV clips - myth recorded and
>> otherwise - all day long with no problems.  It looks great.  I use it to
>> watch the news (with headphones) while the rest of the family is
>> watching a movie that I don't watch,
>>

> You've probably got one of the newer chips? Mine is old. Circa 2001, I think.
> I've been playing with xxmc in Xine on my i810 this evening. It works. I even
> got it doing Bob deinterlace. CPU usage gain isn't very impressive though.
> If anything, I think I only gained a few % CPU idle during playback of interlaced
> DVD previews. At worst, it didn't make a difference at all. I'm running a 933mhz
> P3 w/256k cache on a 133mhz FSB. about 60% usage w/XvMC. Sometimes up to 70% with
> plain XV. Picture bounces a bit on static screens, but it's usually pretty nice
> looking during playback.
>
> No luck getting it to run in mythfrontend yet. It claims the surface doesn't
> support XvMC. Probably I don't have it compiled correctly. I did turn on the
> ChromaKey OSD though. It flickers under my i810. :) I don't think that happens
> on my NV FX 5200.

xxmc?  On an i810?  Am I missing something here?  Last I checked xxmc is
for VIA Unichrome boards.  Has the i810 XvMC code been put together to
match the libXvMCW API?  I think I had better catch up a little now that
I am back, the weekend is over, Peter and Gordon have reunited (you need
to be 40+ to even have a chance of knowing who they are, but Peter Asher
was Mike Meyers' inspiration for Austin Powers so it was great to get to
meet him), my webcast is complete and now it just plain old exhaustion,
adrenaline and caffeine.

Where should I start looking at this stuff?  The laptop has FC4 on it
right now, so that's my starting point.