[mythtv-users] FRE? nvram-wakeup & auto-shutdown issue

Henning Mersch mythtv at hmersch.de
Mon Apr 3 17:28:44 UTC 2006

Hi !

I use my MythTV-Machine not just for TV - also as NFS Server etc.
so it should not go done if backend is idle.
But it should, if it was just switched on by nvram/rtc to record sth.

How I realised this:
mythwelcome could start frontend if booting was NOT performed due to
recording. My frontend-start-script touches a file, which is checked for
existens on check-shutdown by backend (a script around mythshutdown
--checkshutdown) and exits with 2 if this touch-file was found,
otherwise with return code of mythshutdown --checkshutdown.
Thus the backend would not shutdown if touch-file was created
On system-shutdown this touch-file is deleted if exists

Is or could this behaviour be implemented in mythshutdown ?
Or is it? Or is this use-case too specific?

regards - henning