[mythtv-users] File System Recommendation?

Schlaegel vthtym0505 at schlaegel.com
Mon Apr 3 07:46:20 UTC 2006

On 4/2/06, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com> wrote:
> I am leaning towards XFS.  Are there any recommendations for or
> against this choice?  Are there other file systems that would be a
> better choice?

I JFS and it has never given me any issues. It comes with FC and is
given more attention in FC then the other large file, filesystems.
Even when I caused my system to go down improperly when I was first
learning how to setup MythTV, it worked without any problems.

I initially tried ext3, but it caused excruciating delays.

Best of luck.

PS. I always use 'noatime' as it is really unnecessary anyway and
takes time and extra writes.