[mythtv-users] Channel Priority Per Tuner

Robert Anderson riznob at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 05:33:53 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Brian Fischer <brianafischer at gmail.com> wrote:

> My PVR-150 has a lot lower quality on Channels 2-7 than my PVR-250.  Is
> there a way to have myth intelligently record on the pvr-250 if the
> channel
> is 2-7 unless only the pvr-150 is available?  This same issue was posted
> on
> the mysettopbox forums:
>
> This Portion Ripped from Mysettopbox forums:
>
> Is there a way to specify Channel Recording Priorities on a per tuner
> basis?
> I have a pvr-150 and a pvr-250 being fed through a cable splitter. The 150
> has vertical bars and distortion on a few channels (I think the splitter
> is
> causeing it) and I would like to be able to downgrade the priority of
> those
> channels but only on the pvr-150. I think it might be possible if I setup
> another duplicate video source in mythtv-setup but I'm not sure if that
> would cause other issues and also I believe then I would be pulling down
> the
> data from zap2it twice, which is less than ideal.
>
> So what is the best way to reduce the priority of a channel on only 1
> tuner?
> Thanks.
>

> Thanks,
> Brian

Creating a new lineup in zap2it should not be a problem. I currently have 2
tuners; 1 with basic cable, the other is digital cable. I need 2 lineups
because there are different channels available to each tuner. I don't see
any duplication in the guide or elsewhere. I too get crappy reception on a
few low numbers channels (2 and 4). The solution you suggest is a good idea,
however, it is not really prioritizing the tuners, but instead excluding
certain channels from one tuner. I might give this idea a try and see how it
goes.

--
Rob Anderson
riznob at gmail.com