[mythtv-users] Client stops after a certain point in large recordings

Jeff Morrow jmorrow at jmorrow.org
Mon Apr 3 05:30:34 UTC 2006

> It looks like the "Seektable" is broken for this file. Check the
> Database to make sure the table's not corrupted (mysqlchk), and try
> using MythCommflag to regenerate the seektables (see "mythcommflag
> --help" for instructions). This should fix your problem. If not... see
> below.

I tried this and it didn't solve the problem.  It still jumps back, and
the playback output log seems to be basically the same as it was before.

> Also, how large is "Large". If you are using NFS, it could be
> something to do with NFS versions and 2Gb boundaries. Check your NFS
> configuration, and try forcing both server and client to use NFSv3.

The file I'm testing with is 14.5G.

To test your suggestion, I just copied a 13G file from my server to my
client via NFS.  Am I correct in assuming that if this worked, then I
don't have a 2G limit?

Jeff