[mythtv-users] Client stops after a certain point in large recordings

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 03:34:01 UTC 2006

On 4/2/06, Jeff Morrow <jmorrow at jmorrow.org> wrote:
> Hi there.  I'm running MythTV 0.19 on Debian Linux.  I record shows at
> pretty high quality, so my files are pretty large.  When I watch them on
> the server, everything is fine.  However, when watching them on a
> client, it will hit a certain point (usually around the 40 minute mark)
> and then either jump back to the beginning of the recording or exit to
> the playback menu.  To test this (and to create the logs below) I put on
> a recently-recorded, known-bad show and just did several 10-minute
> skip-aheads.

<snip />

It looks like the "Seektable" is broken for this file. Check the
Database to make sure the table's not corrupted (mysqlchk), and try
using MythCommflag to regenerate the seektables (see "mythcommflag
--help" for instructions). This should fix your problem. If not... see
below.

Also, how large is "Large". If you are using NFS, it could be
something to do with NFS versions and 2Gb boundaries. Check your NFS
configuration, and try forcing both server and client to use NFSv3.

--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston