[mythtv-users] Cannot install MythRecipe to save my life

bincrawler bincrawler at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 00:25:10 UTC 2006

Answers....

> I also moved the link to the Information Center screen as I think it
> more properly belongs there. Just a thought for you to consider.
I can modify the script that install the menu item to put it in there if
most people think that is the best place by default.

Wish there was a way to modify the menu item in mythfrontend. Example click
on a menuitem and it ask you to send it to another menu  and save as
favorite menu. (Something to work on later).

   > Is there any documentation on the xml import?
http://www.formatdata.com/recipeml/
It uses the XML format described there...

   > Is there a way to search for recipes?

Select [Browse Recipes] option and press MENU button or hit [M]. This will
bring up the filter menu where you can type (for now) the Cuisine,
Ingredients, or recipe name. To search for all recipes with chicken, type in
chicken or any part of the word chicken and only recipes with chicken in the
ingredient will be listed. Type South in cuisine and all recipes from South
Africa, South America and any other Southern cuisine will come up.

    > Is the only site supported cooking.com?
Currently Yes. There were plans to make it generic so anyone can write a
module to scrape/obtain recipes from any sites but time did not permit too
much development on that
 {be aware of the copyright notice on some sites] since mythRecipe only
browse and display the recipes, the site it comes under the same permission
as any other HTML browser.

Bincrawler.