[mythtv-users] using WinTV PVR-350 to play AM/FM radio? (slightly OT)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 2 17:50:26 UTC 2006

On 04/02/2006 04:07 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2006, at 1:24 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On Apr 2, 2006, at 12:45 AM, Steven C. Liu wrote:
>>> I was wondering if it's possible to use my PVR-350 to play regular
>>> FM/AM radio?

No AM.  The PVR-x50's only have FM tuners.

>> There's this plugin that adds FM support, but I don't know if
>> anyone's gotten it to work in 0.19.
>>
>> http://mythextra.napsi.net/mythFM.html
> Just an update.. I'm able to get FM playing through my MythTV box with
> # ivtv-radio -f 90.3

If you can't get MythFM working, you can always add menu items with
EXECTV entries for radio.  Something like:

   <button>
      <type>TV_PLAYBACK</type>
      <text>WJRR - Real Rock 101</text>
<!-- Uncomment and adjust language/text for translations
      <text lang="ES">Some Text</text>
  -->
      <action>EXECTV ivtv-radio -d %s -i %s -f 101.1</action>
   </button>

Make sure you use EXECTV (not EXEC) since listening to the radio uses
the encoder (and, therefore, prevents the card from being used to record
TV).

Mike