[mythtv-users] schedule recording what is a "timeslot"

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Sun Apr 2 09:06:46 UTC 2006

On 4/2/06, Paul Wilson <paul at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
>  When I set "Record this program in this timeslot every week." what does
> this exactly mean?
>  is it a fixed time frame or does it allow some "slip" . if a program moves
> 30 mins or so with this setting pick this up?

According to my experience, it means an exact time frame (identical
start and end time).
So if the schedule is changed just 5 minutes, the show will not be recorded.
Instead I usually use "find and record one showing of this program",
which does not care about channel or time. In some cases that does not
work (if it is a single episode of a series, then it will record a
different episode instead.

Niels Dybdahl