[mythtv-users] Fast Forward locks up my MythBox

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 18:58:17 UTC 2006

From: "Jeff Simpson" < jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu>
>If you go into the  MythTV setup, you can just uncheck the box that says
"Use PVR->350 MPEG output". It will then use the normal xvideo output, and
hopefully work >fine. It will be a heckuvalot slower and eat up your CPU
like candy, but it will >tell you where the problem lies without needing you
to open up the case. You will >probably notice soem jumping/jittering when
using xvideo to play mpeg, though, that >is being discussed in a few other
threads on here.

I tried this and sure enough FFWD seems to work.  My CPU seems to handle it
fine for the moment.  Unfortunately I now have no sound in Live TV and my
recordings.  That is, everything I've recorded since I made this change
yesterday has no sound.  When I try to play the .mpg in mplayer it says
there is no audio stream.

I didn't change my cabling at all... still have TV-out audio going into the
sound card in and sound card out to the TV.  But doesn't seem like a cable
problem but a problem with the capture.

Any ideas?