[mythtv-users] Introducing TapeWorm, a parasitic MythTV front end for Windows

David Woods david at spurgeonwoods.com
Sat Apr 1 02:30:25 UTC 2006

Greetings.

I have created TapeWorm, a parasitic MythTV front end for Windows.  At the
moment, all it does is allow you to share shows recorded by Linux-based
MythTV on networked Windows computers.  Like any good parasite, I expect
TapeWorm will grow with time.

TapeWorm has two advantages over WinMyth.  First, it requires significantly
less network resources to do its job that WinMyth does.  Second, it works on
my (admittedly pathetic) network, while WinMyth just can't display MythTV
video in a smooth stream for me, even under ideal conditions (which are
extremely rare in my house.)

TapeWorm 1.0, Beta 1 is now available at
http://david.spurgeonwoods.com/tapeworm.  I would greatly appreciate
feedback from the members of this list about TapeWorm, about the
configuration instructions (as I am not yet fluent in Linux,) about whether
you find TapeWorm to be a worthwhile development effort, and about what the
most important future development priorities might be.

Thanks,

David

P.S. If you want to know why I refer to it as a "parasitic" program, see the
TapeWorm web site!