[mythtv-users] Working on an OSD

Bill Omer bill at spis.net
Thu Sep 29 21:06:46 UTC 2005

SpEnT wrote:
> I'd started working on an OSD a while back and vamped it a bit (and
> have been using it for some time now). If anyone is interested, here
> are some older screen shots:
> http://www.bangtherockstogether.net/old/
>
> If you'd like to check it out you can grab it here:
> http://www.bangtherockstogether.net/bangosd_Sep2005.tar.gz
>
> Comments are welcome or if things are missing (which I'm sure there
> are), my email is included in the README
>
> --
> Lonny Selinger LPIC-1

This looks awesome!  I'm going to try and install it soon.  Huge
improvement from the out-of-the-box osd.

But I have a question/suggestion.
Is there anyway to have the osd provide some information like date
recorded and the date it was first aired?

I'm converting our pvr from beyondtv to myth, and thats one of the
things my wife has asked me about more than once.  It was some feature
that btv had that she has grown to love and it would be nice to get that
back.

-B