[mythtv-users] PVR350 Remote Oddness

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 22:53:46 UTC 2005

On 28/09/05, Illtud Daniel <illtud.daniel at llgc.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a MythTV setup with a PVR350 & the grey remote. The
> remote function works fine, but with every button press, the
> screen goes black before returning after half a second or so.
> This happens on the menus & the watch TV. I've googled, but
> can't seem to find anything about this. Details:
>
> MythTV-0.18.10-113 from at on FC4 & lirc-0.7.2-18.
> Hauppauge PVR350 with the hauppaugegrey remote.
> SiS 65x/M650/740 Graphics.
>
> Help!

I'm not a native Welsh speaker, so please bear my English! It might be
possible that your video card and PVR card are sharing the same IRQ
(you can check with /sbin/lspci -v) which could be the cause, in which
case try moving the PVR card to a different PCI slot or allocating it
a different IRQ if your system allows this. It might also be related
to your video card's X config somehow, but this is quite an odd
problem. Do you get any output in the messages file when this happens?

Nick