[mythtv-users] mythrename.pl

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 18:58:44 UTC 2005

In SVN mythlink.pl becomes mythrename.pl which, as it's name implies, can
actually rename files in addition to creating pretty links to them.

Because mythlink.pl just made extra links I was calling it with an hourly cron
job.  But now that the actual file names are being modified, is it still safe
to do this with such impunity?  Or should I worry about accidently renaming
files that are currently open by the backend?

Thanks,

--Jack