[mythtv-users] Australian Digital TV Cards

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 28 12:31:00 UTC 2005

Hurgh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been around the list for a while, and in the past have asked a
> few questions.
>
> I have started setting up a new PVR and am looking at putting in a
> Digital (as appose to the analog one i have now) TV card.
>
> Can people in australia please let me know 1) What card they are
> using, and 2) if you were building it again, would you opt for the
> same card or go for a different one.
>
> Also possibily some places to buy (online) would be a real help.
>
> If there are some of you that think i should go for HD TV cards, feel
> free to reply also with your comments on Which card, and possibily
> where to buy.
> I have thought about it, but dont know if enough of the shows i want
> to record will be in HD.
>
> Thanks again for any help in this.
>
> Regards
>
> -Hurgh-

I am using a "TwinhanDTV Mini Ter". Yes it does HDTV.  It was cheap
(about $95).  It is also a half height card which might help if your
looking at a special mutlimedia or small case.

Seems to work fine.  Can't comment on the tuner sensitivity as the
signal around here is pretty good anyway.

I got it from a company called UMART. They have a web site -
http://www.umart.com.au/  They seem to be calling it a Digital
Terrestrial TV Tuner VisionPlus now, but the model VP3020C is the same,
but the picture shows a full height card.  Very confusing, I know...