[mythtv-users] Australian Digital TV Cards

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Wed Sep 28 10:11:55 UTC 2005

>Before leaping into the twinhan visionplus dvb-t read this post
>http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3999&highlight=twinhan
>
>You may want to be sure that you are in a good signal area with a reasonable
>antenna first.
>
>And I forgot to mention before the DVICO has quite a nice remote.

I have a Twinhan VisionPlus DVB-T and an Ultraview (Dvico clone) DVB
Plus. I wouldn't buy another VisionPlus because (a) I occasionally get
module loading problems, but more importantly (b) it seems to have a
rather insensitive tuner.

Any DVB-T card you buy will do HDTV - it's a function of the software
(in this case Myth) rather than the hardware (perhaps with the exception
of some USB devices). Whether it's worthwhile or not is a different
question.

I struggled with getting the remote supplied with the Twinhan working
for a while. It has a USB receiver included (as I think they all do)
which means the remote shows up as a keyboard, and it is somewhat
difficult to remap the keys so that they make sense. IMHO it's easier to
build a serial IR receiver and use lirc. My Yamaha amp's universal
remote is excellent!

Cheers,

Jon