[mythtv-users] Nova-T DVB and FC4

Phil Smith phil.smith at phil-home.com
Tue Sep 27 18:15:29 UTC 2005

Hello

This is the first time I have posted here, so please go easy on me :-)

I have a Hauppauge Nova-T DVB card and I am trying to get ii to work under
Fedora Core 4.   I previously had this working under FC3 but after a
complete rebuild and a change to FC4 I can no longer get the card to scan
any channels.

I was under the impression that all the linuxtv/v4l stuff required was now
in the stock kernel, but when that did not even recognise the card  I
resorted to building my own kernel (2.6.13) and adding all the relevant
modules.

I also had to use a trick from Jarod's guide to get the adapter0 nodes to
appear. (HYPERLINK
"http://svn.wilsonet.com/projects/mythtvology/ticket/15"http://svn.wilsonet.
com/projects/mythtvology/ticket/15)

The only problem seems to be getting the card to tune to the the local
Freevew (uk) transponder.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Phil