[mythtv-users] Customize remote control numbers in playback mode?

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:13:56 UTC 2005

I finally got my DVico USB IR receiver to work with MythTV a few weeks
ago.  Now, I'm looking into some ways to optimize the controls..

On my old MyHD receiver card (windows only) it had a nice feature
where you could set the number keys to do other operations.   So, when
you're not in Live-TV mode, you could set the number keys to be
varying levels of FF/REW jumps.   This is very handy for jumping
through several commercials.

On the MyHD remote, you would remap the leftmost keys (1,4,7) to
REW's, and the grid of 6 other numbers to be varying FF's.

Is there any way to do this in MythTV?  Are there key codes for FFx2,
FFx4, etc?    I looked through keys.txt and didn't see any.