[mythtv-users] Navigation/Configuration issues

Timothy McFadden tim at timandjamie.com
Sun Sep 25 20:08:00 UTC 2005

You might want to check out a VNC program and connect that way. You'll be
able to run mythfrontend from a remote desktop and won't have screen size
issues. At least you'll have the keyboard.

Howerver, you'll want to fix the screen size anyway. I think there are two
things to play with: Setup -> Appearance -> GUI height/width/offset; and TV
Settings -> Playback -> Overscan.

-Tim

On 9/25/05, Anil Gupte <anil-list at icinema.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem trying to navigate through the setup. For example,
> in mythtv-setup, I am able to move to the desired fields using arrows and
> tabs, but not able to use any pull-down menus. Is there a way to do any or
> all of the following:
> 1. Use a mouse in the MythTV user and setup menus?
>  2. Use a dual screen setup, where I can do the stuff on the monitor and
> watch the TV on the TV. Alternately, can I at least get the non-graphical
> terminal on the monitor? Right, it boots on the monitor and switches to the
> TV and that is very hard to read. On the monitor all I see is a blinking
> cursor.
>  3. Can I set up a telnet server on the myth box? If so, how.
>  One other thing, I once helped someone else when they were setting up
> myth, and I remember there was some configuration to change the screen sizes
> so parts of it would not be cut off. Where can I change that? I have not
> been able to find it since.
>  I am newbie, so apt-get install is about as far as I can go for install
> issues unless there is a step-by-step procedure for the task.
>  Any help welcome,
>  Thanx,
> Anil Gupte
> anilgupte at keeninc.net
> www.keeninc.net <http://www.keeninc.net>
> www.icinema.com <http://www.icinema.com>
> k.e.e.n., inc.
> Milwaukee, WI, USA
> +1-414/431-8775
> Pune, MH, India
> +91-20/30223100

---------
Want to try Gmail? Send me an email requesting an invite.