[mythtv-users] database gone south

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Sep 25 03:56:34 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 21:18 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> Now the tuner card on my frontend system won't change channels, but the
> two cards in the backend system do. Weird.

Appears to be related to the database problem, as the mythbackend logs
on the FE/BE system report problems accessing the channel database
("can't tune to channel ''" and other things pointing to errors in the
database). I tried going in to mythtv-setup on the front end and
completely redoing everything: no joy (but I do know not to run
"mythfilldatabase" on the FE). I did set the initial channel for the
card to a valid one, still gives the error about "can't tune to channel
''". Still can't change channels on the local card. If I hit 'Y' to
switch to one of the cards in the Master BE system, it works fine. So
it's the backend process on the FE/BE system that is having trouble.
I'll work on this more in the morning.

--Greg