[mythtv-users] PS2 connected to a PVR 350

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 16:29:34 UTC 2005

On 9/22/05, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:

> Franco wrote:
>
> >>the hardware encoder (also the decoder) have a delay of 1.5 to 2 secs
> >>you will always have this delay if you get the video from /dev/video0.
> >>ivtv-driver (/dev/video32 or 48; don't know exactly) that did direct
> >>pass-through with nearly zero-delay. You can try to watch this via
> >>mplayer. Maybe it works better.
> >>

> >Thank you! I'll try again as soon as my friends bring here the PS2 again
> >and let you all know!
> >

> I don't mean to be snide, but why would you want to run your PS2 through
> your PVR-350? Just hook it up right to the TV.
>
> Kevin

 I want to do it too. Do you expect me to unplug my SVideo cable from the TV
everytime I want to plug in my PS2? Shall I hurk that entertainment center
out of the way, crawl back there, and hope that I don't bend the pins again
this time?
 Granted, I could just buy an svideo switch from Radio Shack, and have them
both plugged in... But then my lazy @$$ has to get off the couch to switch
between Myth and PS2. Who has time for that?!?!
 --g