[mythtv-users] garbled audio

Stephen Atkins satkins at inetdesign.org
Thu Sep 22 03:26:19 UTC 2005

Robert Denier wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 20:54 -0600, Stephen Atkins wrote:
>

>>Hello again everyone.
>>
>>So I thought I would try out the latest development sources 0.3.9 but no
>>luck.  I then removed the PVR150MCE and still no luck.  What it sounds
>>like is that the audio is actually out of sequence in that some audio
>>packets(?) are out of order.
>>

>First all of all you need to be certain it is just a sound card issue,
>so I suggest mp3's.  From what you said, it sounds like a sound card
>issue and not anything to do with ivtv.

Thats part of the problem.  If I didn't run mythtv but used mplayer
/dev/video0 (or 1) I thought it sounded fine.  But then I turned the
volume way up and still heard the same thing.  I removed the PVR-150MCE
hoping that that was it but nope.  Same thing.  Any way I was wondering
if there was anything wrong with the kernel and based on what your
saying I will have to try the vanilla sources.  Unfortunatly that won't
be until at least Friday night so I'll post again after that.

Thanks for the help.

Stephen