[mythtv-users] audio issues

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Wed Sep 21 03:54:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just set up a remote frontend using Jarod's guide and FC4.  I've got
everything working except for audio.  I've tried cranking up all the
settings and un-muting everything in alsamixer, but to no avail.

According to lspci, I've got a:
Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce3 Audio (rev a2)

So, if there's anyone else out there with this same sound controller
(onboard sound for an nForce3-150 board), I'd love some help.  If you
could send me your /etc/asound.state file or just give advice on what to
do, that would be great.

Note: I've been testing it with aplay, and I get nothing.  So, it's not
a mythtv problem, but some sort of underlying mixer issue or something.

Thanks again to all the developers!
Micah