[mythtv-users] directv d10-300 ... impossible?

djg at pdp8.net djg at pdp8.net
Wed Sep 21 23:43:13 UTC 2005

>The issue has been fixed if you're using the script found at
><http://www.pdp8.net/directv/directv.shtml>
>
>I've been using this script on my D10-200 box at least since
>July.  There is an occasional snafu where the channel doesn't change
>for some reason I haven't yet been able to track down, but I'm
>recording Stargate SG-1, NFL Football, and the odd Buffy episode from
>our OTA channels which DTV stuck < 100.

Are you still seeing it with the Version 1.4 8/14/05?  That has a fix for
the above problem.  With my -200 the box occasionally stops talking on
the serial port requiring a power cycle before it will change any
channel again.  Since I am polling it every 90 seconds for my signal
strength graph I suspect that triggers it more often.

Does you D10-200 box lock up occasionally and need the power plug pulled
to get it working again?  I see it with both the box I am using with
mythtv and boxes that are on TV's.  Front panel power button won't do
anything when trying to turn it on.