[mythtv-users] directv d10-300 ... impossible?

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Thu Sep 22 14:36:09 UTC 2005

At 06:43 PM 9/21/2005, djg at pdp8.net wrote:
 >>I've been using this script on my D10-200 box at least since
 >>July.  There is an occasional snafu where the channel doesn't change
 >>for some reason I haven't yet been able to track down, but I'm
 >>recording Stargate SG-1, NFL Football, and the odd Buffy episode from
 >>our OTA channels which DTV stuck < 100.
 >
 >Are you still seeing it with the Version 1.4 8/14/05?  That has a fix for
 >the above problem.

I just installed the new version yesterday (I noticed it when I
retrieved the URL and went to check that the page was still live), so
it will be some days before I can give an answer on this one.  I was
noticing that it would happen on about 1 show in 150.

 >Does you D10-200 box lock up occasionally and need the power plug pulled
 >to get it working again?  I see it with both the box I am using with
 >mythtv and boxes that are on TV's.  Front panel power button won't do
 >anything when trying to turn it on.

No, I don't.  My Myth box locks up more often than the D10-200 does
-- which is to say rarely to never.  My last Myth reboot because it
locked up happened about a week ago and I go back a month and a half
for the time before that.  I'm pretty sure that it was at least June
since I last had to restart the D10-200 due to freezing.

--
Mickey Chandler
Chief Operating Whizard