[mythtv-users] Using the pvr-350 remote with other ir-receivers

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:32:16 UTC 2005

On 21/09/05, Oscar Curero <oscar-listas at naiandei.net> wrote:
> El Dilluns, 19 de Setembre de 2005 20:27, Oscar Curero va escriure:
> > Does anyone knows of a ir-receiver compatible with the remote that came
> > with the pvr-350, no-configuration needed (and if possible cheaper)?
>
> Anyone ?

Almost any IR receiver should work with it. It uses RC5 control codes
like all other Hauppauge remotes. I use one from here:
.
http://zapway.de/e_index1.htm

> > I don't know if something is broken in the pvr-350, the ivtv are not
> > correct or lirc is not working with the correct drivers, the fact is that
> > everything is working but the remote.
> >
> It's imposible.

If you look at the remote control with a digital camera or video
camera you may see whether you can see the infra-red pulses coming
from its transmitter LED.

Please post your /etc/lircd.conf file, your /etc/modprobe.conf or
/etc/modules.conf file, and the outputs of the following commands:

ll /dev/lirc*

rpm -qa|grep "lirc"

service lircd status

Nick