[mythtv-users] Using the pvr-350 remote with other ir-receivers

Oscar Curero oscar-listas at naiandei.net
Mon Sep 26 11:55:30 UTC 2005

El Dimecres, 21 de Setembre de 2005 23:32, Nick va escriure:
> On 21/09/05, Oscar Curero <oscar-listas at naiandei.net> wrote:
> > El Dilluns, 19 de Setembre de 2005 20:27, Oscar Curero va escriure:
> > > Does anyone knows of a ir-receiver compatible with the remote that came
> > > with the pvr-350, no-configuration needed (and if possible cheaper)?
> >
> > Anyone ?
>
> Almost any IR receiver should work with it. It uses RC5 control codes
> like all other Hauppauge remotes. I use one from here:
> .
> http://zapway.de/e_index1.htm

I see. The problem is that my serial port is used to control the satellite
box.

> > > I don't know if something is broken in the pvr-350, the ivtv are not
> > > correct or lirc is not working with the correct drivers, the fact is
> > > that everything is working but the remote.
> >
> > It's imposible.
>
> Please post your /etc/lircd.conf file, your /etc/modprobe.conf or
> /etc/modules.conf file, and the outputs of the following commands:
>
> ll /dev/lirc*
>
> rpm -qa|grep "lirc"
>
> service lircd status

Ok. I tried in my other computer which is running running FC4 with a fresh
install and following the jarod's guide step by step: it worked at first but
it never worked again when I unplugged the ir-receiver. Something may be
broken and only works if it's plugged in a special way (this would explain
why irw doesn't do anything).

> Nick
Thanks for your help,

--